Getting the Balance Right between Direct and Brand Marketing
Time & Location
About the event
NEDMA is focused on direct market ing. And over the past 20+ years, new digital channels and tools have given marketers an unprecedented ability to target narrow market segments with relevant offers and evaluate and optimize their campaigns in near real-time. The result at many companies has been an almost total focus on what leads and sales marketing is producing this month and quarter.
In this session Louis Gudema will review the latest studies on how the best brands are balancing brand and direct response campaigns and what the best ratios are for B2C, B2B, and startups (and what makes these hard to implement in many companies). He will also review:
- The role of creativity and emotions in the best campaigns, with examples
- How long you need to give your campaigns
- Why you need a multi-channel approach
- How important are differentiation (not as much as you think) and brand purpose (virtually nothing)
- How companies can measure the success of their brand programs
A special emphasis will be put on applying these best practices to B2B companies.